5 Great Ways to Create an Addictive Personal Brand
It is all about how much attention you receive online that makes writing and publishing worth it. Have you ever tried putting a lot of effort into creating blogs, posting online or writing articles but never get noticed at all? This is the sad fact that many online writers and bloggers do experience.
One way to make noise on the Internet and get noticed is through a personal brand. It is putting a touch of ‘you’ in your writing. Here are 5 fantastic techniques in creating an addictive personal brand that everybody will be raving about online:
1. Establish expectations and meet them. There are two ways of doing this. One is to write and publish on a daily basis helping you build a stable audience. The only catch here is that when you miss even only a day or two, disinterest will start among your audience because their expectations are not met.
The second way is to be consistent. If you are writing about every new gadget out in the market, then readers will expect this from you. They will turn to your site for information regarding that and also for any other related write-ups. So make sure that you have covered others related to the topic. Soon, readers will come regularly and be addicted to whatever you publish and crave for more.
2. Practice makes perfect so write more. Like any other skill, writing takes considerable practice before you become a master in the field. The writer’s skill and style will develop and sharpen with time. Write and write, master writers did not start out as virtuosos but became experts after a bulk of written work. Practice your writing skills until you become so good that they just can’t ignore you anymore, thus establishing your brand name.
3. Inspire change and educate. Readers love to read something that tickles the good in them. Think about how your writing can inspire and maybe educate others. This is the reason why websites in the self-help niche are always a favourite online. Be useful and inspiring to others so that they keep coming back for more of your writing and get hooked in the process.
4. Keep everything interesting. People easily become addicted to sites that give them what they need while also making it fun in the process. Remember that first impressions will play a huge role in a reader’s decision to read on or stop reading altogether. Use graphics or pictures that add appeal to your write-ups while staying true to your chosen theme. Also make sure that you use a domain name that has great recall. Try finding unique domain names.
5. Bolder is better. Most of the addictive writers are those who are bold and know how to trigger the interest and hold the attention of the readers. Do not be afraid to write about controversial topics as long as you are within the bounds of ethics and truth. Put surprising facts about you that might make anyone do a double take. One famous writer for example even spilled the fact that he was an ex-convict-turned-writer, which makes his work all the more intriguing to read.
Determining your success or failure in this aspect is seen while ranking website. If you do not have a high ranking website, then it is time to rethink your marketing strategies and give it a major overhaul. Start thinking about what you want to be tagged as your personal brand and you just might get the online attention you have been craving for and get more than being ‘just noticed’ too.